- How do you delete a Google review?
- Is it possible to remove a Google review?
- Why can't I delete my Google review?
- What happens if I delete my Google review?
- How long does it take for a deleted Google review to disappear?
- Will deleting my Google review hurt my business?
- I accidentally left a negative Google review, can I delete it?
- Someone left a fake positiveGooglereview onmy business,canIdeleteit?
There is no easy answer when it comes to deleting your Google review.
The review itself is stored on the Google servers, and as such cannot be deleted by you or Google. However, if you no longer have access to the device on which the review was written or if you no longer have the app installed on that device, then deleting the review may be possible.
If you’ve decided that you don’t want your review to appear on Google search results, then deletion may be your only option. Deleting a review from our system does not remove it from other user’s memories or records.
Please note: Deletion of a Google Review may result in a loss of credibility with potential customers and clients who are using reviews as one factor in making purchasing decisions.
How do you delete a Google review?
There are a few ways to delete a Google review.
- Go to your Google My Business account and click on the Reviews tab.
- On the Reviews page, find the review you want to delete and click on the three lines in the top left corner of the review box.
- Under "Delete this review?" select Yes or No and click on Delete Review.
- If you selected Yes, your review will be deleted from public view and no longer appear when people search for it on Google. However, it will still appear in your business's list of reviews if you have enabled reviews to be shared publicly on your Page (see below).
- If you selected No, your review will remain visible but may not be ranked as highly as other reviews because it has been removed from public view after being flagged by Google as potentially inappropriate or spammy.
Is it possible to remove a Google review?
Yes, it is possible to delete a Google review.
To remove a Google review:
- Open the Google My Business account where the review was posted.
- In the left navigation bar, click Reviews.
- On the Review page, under Reviews activity, click Remove review.
- If you want to keep a copy of the removed review for your records, select Keep copy and save this revision as a draft before clicking Remove review.
Why can't I delete my Google review?
There are a few reasons why you might not be able to delete your Google review.
First, reviews are stored in the Google account that submitted them, so if you submit the review from a personal account or through a shared device, it may be difficult to delete it.
Second, reviews can't be deleted if they're associated with an order or enquiry that's still open.
Finally, some reviews may have been automatically saved as part of our quality control process. If you've received a positive review for an item that's now out of stock or has been discontinued, please contact customer support to request that the review be removed.
What happens if I delete my Google review?
If you delete your Google review, it will be gone forever. However, if someone else views or links to your review, they will see that it has been deleted. Additionally, any positive or negative effects that your review had on your business may still be visible to others.
How long does it take for a deleted Google review to disappear?
Deleted Google reviews can take anywhere from a few hours to a day or two, depending on the review's age and how many people have interacted with it. Older reviews that haven't been interacted with may disappear more quickly than newer reviews that have been shared more. Generally speaking, though, deleted Google reviews will eventually disappear if they haven't been commented on or flagged for removal by another user.
Will deleting my Google review hurt my business?
There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, as the decision of whether or not to delete a Google review depends on the specific situation and business. However, generally speaking, deleting a Google review may not have a significant impact on a business's overall rating or ranking.
Some factors that could influence whether or not deleting a Google review would be detrimental to a business include how many reviews are left on the page and how highly rated those reviews are. If most of the reviews on a particular page are negative and low in ratings, then it may be beneficial for the business to remove them in order to improve its online reputation. Conversely, if most of the reviews are positive and high in ratings, then it may be less important for the business to remove them.
Ultimately, businesses should weigh their individual circumstances before deciding whether or not to delete their Google review.
I accidentally left a negative Google review, can I delete it?
Yes, you can delete your Google review.
To do this:
- Open the Google My Business account where the review was left.
- Under "Reviews" on the left side of the page, click on "Manage reviews."
- On the next page, under "Review deletion," click on "Delete review."
- Confirm that you want to delete the review and click on "Delete.
Someone left a fake positiveGooglereview onmy business,canIdeleteit?
There is no surefire way to know for certain if a Google review left on your business is fake, but there are some things you can do to try and determine the legitimacy of the review. First, check the date of the review and compare it to when your business was actually open. If the review was posted very recently, it's likely that it's fake. Additionally, look at how many reviews the reviewer has left overall and compare that number to your own customer base. If this reviewer has left a disproportionate number of fake reviews compared to their other reviews, it may be worth considering whether they're actually a satisfied customer or not.